FM Tute M01 MI x1D Nodes
- Open the FloodModeller_Nodes.TAB layer from Module_Data\Module_01\mi folder.
- Save as 1d_x1d_FMT_M01_nodes_001_P.TAB within the FMT_tutorial\FMT_M01\TUFLOW\model\mi folder.
- Open the GIS layer 1d_x1d_FMT_M01_nodes_001_P.TAB within MapInfo.
- Interrogate one of the digitised points and inspect the attributes. This layer only has a single attribute correlating to the unique name of a RIVER, INTERPOLATE or REPLICATE unit within the Flood Modeller model. Note that the node IDs are case-sensitive as this is a requirement of Flood Modeller. At junctions, both the upstream and downstream nodes must be digitised within this layer.
- Save and export the file to MID/MIF format.
You have now created the GIS layer representing the Flood Modeller nodes for reading into TUFLOW. Return to the Flood Modeller Tutorial Model.
We will now create a TUFLOW GIS layer to reference the nodes within the Flood Modeller model. The purpose of this layer is to specify the spatial location of each of the linked Flood Modeller nodes.