Notepad++ (also called Notepad Plus Plus) is a free editor which can be downloaded from [notepad-plus-plus.org]. It has some functionality that makes it preferable as a editor for creating TUFLOW control files. This functionality includes:
- Colour coding of TUFLOW files (syntax highlighting). Thanks to Edenvale Young putting together the syntax highlighting file.
- Ability to start a TUFLOW simulation using the currently open files as the .tcf input.
- Ability to highlight a filename and open the file directly. For example a geometry control file (.tgc) can be opened directly from the TUFLOW control file (.tcf) without having to locate it in a explorer style menu.
A video tutorial on how to set up these features is presented here: [TUFLOW YouTube channel]
The following plugins can be useful when using Notepad++ (not just for TUFLOW modelling)! Please feel free to add any suggestions either via the discussion page, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- npp-compare (compare files side-by-side)
- Runme: Available through the Notepad++ Plugin Manager. This will allow you to run batch files directly from Notepad++.