QGIS Convert Rotate Label to Line
There are times when it is desirable to rotate a label to match the line direction. For example when labelling elevation or flood level contours. There seems to be a number of ways of doing this in QGIS. Two methods are described below.
- Right click on the layer you wish to label in the table of contents, and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Labelling tab.
- Enable the Display Labels option and select the field you wish to label.
- Under the Angle field. Select Auto. As shown below.
- Choose Layer >> Labelling from the menu items.
- Select Label this layer with and set the field.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and set the placement to Parallel, as shown below.
|Back to QGIS Tips And Tricks|