QGIS Profile Tool
In QGIS the grid elevation profile can be viewed using the Profile Tool plugin.
To install the Profile Tool:
- Go to Plugins > Manage and Install Plugins.
- Type 'Profile Tool' in the search bar.
- Click Install Plugin.
- It is recommended to close all QGIS workspaces and re-open the app.
- Right click on the tool bar and ensure that 'Plugins Toolbar' is turned on.
- Open the Profile Tool by clicking on the 'Terrain Profile' icon.
- Select the raster from the layer control panel and click 'Add Layer' in the Profile Tool. Multiple layers may be added.
- There are many selection options, the below example uses a temporary polyline. Finish the line by double clicking.
|Back to QGIS Tips And Tricks|