TUFLOW Message 2232
ERROR 2232 - Failed to complete triangulation. Check region perimeter does not cross or snap onto itself.
TUFLOW was unable to triangulate polygon (region) object. The most likely reason for this to occur is that the region perimeter crosses or snaps onto itself. An example of a self-intersecting region is shown below with (the blue circles highlight the problem areas), click on image for a larger view.
Check region perimeter does not cross or snap onto itself. To help identify the problem, the follow steps can be used:
- Import the sh_obj check file. This file is written sequentially and the last entry is the final object TUFLOW was able to process. The final triangle is shown in red below:
- This highlights that the issue is in the polygon in the 2d_zsh layer highlighted in green:
- If the coordinates of this polygon are examined, we find that it snaps back onto itself:
- To remove this in QGIS the layer needs to be made editable and "cleaned" with the v.clean tool from Processing Toolbox.
- To remove this in MapInfo the layer needs to be made editable and "cleaned" as per the images below.
- Try adjusting the TIN angles. Use TIN Angles == 95,1 command in the .tgc file.
- Add more vertices in location of the last triangle from sh_obj_check file.
|Message 2231||2xxx Messages||Message 2233|