TUFLOW Modelling Webinars
- 1 Introduction
- 2 TUFLOW Video Tutorial Model
- 3 TUFLOW Modelling Webinars
- 4 XP Solutions
This page provides links to a series of webinars relevant to TUFLOW modelling.
Demonstrations are provided for models using TUFLOW's native GIS format and also the XP2D graphical user interface. TUFLOW is the 2D engine for XP2D, and as such the principles discussed in either webinar set are transferable across both development platforms.
TUFLOW Video Tutorial Model
Part 1: Model Setup
- How to set up a basic TUFLOW model.
- Basic elevation data inputs
- Basic land use data inputs
Part 2: Model Simulation
- An introduction to boundary conditions
- Setting up your control files to run
- Options how to run a TUFLOW model.
Part 3: Model Results
- Model process to check input data
- Result viewing
- Simulation performance review
TUFLOW Modelling Webinars
2D Modelling Guidance
- Guidance regarding 2D cell size selection: Webinar Link: 2D Hydraulic Modelling 101: What 2D mesh resolution is necessary?
- Historic event model calibration: Webinar Link: 2D Hydraulic Modelling 101: Historic Event Calibration
- Output management advice: Webinar Link: Flood Modelling: Output Management Advice
- Listen in to some discussion on some elements that influence the accuracy of flood modelling: Webinar Link: How Wrong is Your Flood Model?
- Quadtree implementation: Webinar Link: How To Implement Quadtree Meshing in TUFLOW?
- Hear from Bill Syme on the future direction of 2D modelling: Webinar Link: The Future of 2d Modelling (From 2020)
- Hear from Greg Collecutt on the hardware in hydraulic modelling: Webinar Link: Hardware Selection and Trends in Hydraulic Modelling
- Hear from Chris Huxley on the 2D cell size selection: Webinar Link: 2D Cell Size Selection for Accurate Hydraulic Modelling
- Hear from Phil Ryan on the direct rainfall modelling: Webinar Link: Is rain-on-grid (or direct rainfall) modelling accurate?
1D/2D Modelling Guidance
- Guidance on 1D channel / 2D domain external linking, nesting a 1D channel within a 2D domain, embedding a 1D culvert within a 2D embankment, underground pipe network modelling: Webinar Link: 1D/2D Linking Guidance
ARR2016 Ensemble Design Flood Estimation Result Post Processing
- Using Asc_to_Asc Utility to post process ARR2016 simulation results: Webinar Link: ARR 2016 Ensemble Analysis Result Processing using TUFLOW's Asc_to_Asc Utility
- ARR2016 Median Design Flood Event Result Identification Demonstration Using TuPlot: Webinar Link: ARR2016 Median Design Flood Event Result Identification Demonstration Using TuPlot
- Notepad++ configuration for TUFLOW modelling: Webinar Link: Notepad++ Configuration Demonstration
- Software configuration and new user tips for QGIS: Webinar Link: QGIS Configuration and First Time User Tips for TUFLOW Modelling
- QGIS animations with embedded charts: Webinar Link: Creating QGIS Animations with Embedded Dynamic Plot Windows
- 3D Visualisation of 2D TUFLOW Results Using SMS: Webinar Link: 3D Visualisation of 2D TUFLOW Results Using SMS
2D Modelling 101
- An overview of hydraulic modelling history. Discussion on 2D modelling applications and their data requirements. An example model build using XP2D (NOTE: TUFLOW is the 2D engine for XP2D). User tips (focused on errors and challenges new users commonly experience): Webinar Link: 2D Modelling 101
Modelling with Different Cell Sizes
- An overview of TUFLOW theory. How and why you would modify your 2D cell size. Multiple 2D/2D modelling. How to review model 2D/2D model results. XP2D model demonstration (NOTE: TUFLOW is the 2D engine for XP2D): Webinar Link: Modelling with Different Cell Sizes
Modelling Structures in Floodplains
- An overview of hydraulic modelling theory. Modelling bridges in 1D. Modelling bridges in 2D. Modelling buildings and fences. XP2D model demonstration (NOTE: TUFLOW is the 2D engine for XP2D): Webinar Link: Modelling Structures in Floodplains
|Back to TUFLOW Modelling Guidance|