Tute Arc M01 Create Projection
- Open ArcCatalog and Select Connect to Folder. Navigate to the TUFLOW\model\gis\ folder on your computer and select OK
- In the Catalog window, select this folder connection
- Create a new shapefile by selecting File >> New >> Shapefile...
- Set the name as Projection
- In the Spatial Reference Select Edit
- Choose Select to select a predefined coordinate system
- Select Projected Coordinate Systems >> UTM >> WGS 1984 >> WGS 1984 UTM Zone 60S.prj and click Add. The Spatial Reference Properties should look like the image below:
- At the Spatial Reference Properties select Apply and the OK
- The Create New Shapefile dialogue should now look like the image below. Select Ok to create the new shapefile.
This page describes the process of creating a new shape file in ArcCatalogue. We will define the projection of this shapefile and this will be used to set the GIS coordinate system (projection) of the TUFLOW model.