Tute M01 Inspect Zpts TIN
- Copy or move the one of the TINs from the module data (Module_Data\DEMs\12D\DEM_M01.12da or Module_Data\DEMs\SMS\DEM_M01.SMS.tin) into the TUFLOW\model\tin\ folder. TUFLOW can read the TIN from the module data folder if desired, however, for clarity this is included in the TUFLOW\model\ directory.
- Open the current TGC file M01_5m_002.tgc in your text editor.
- Assign a value default value for the Zpts (above any expected flood level) by adding the following line to the TGC file.
Set Zpts == 75
- To assign elevations to the Zpts using a TIN, one of the following commands is used.
To read the 12D TIN use the following command:
Read TIN Zpts == tin\DEM_M01.12da
To read the SMS TIN use the following command:
Read TIN Zpts == tin\DEM_M01.SMS.tin
- Save the modified TGC file.
TUFLOW can directly read elevation data from a Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) in both SMS (.tin) and 12D (.12da).
For this tutorial TINs are provided in both of these formats. The process of creating a TIN in these packages is beyond the scope of this tutorial, for details on TIN creating please see the relevant documentation for that package.
We have modified the TGC file to read the Zpt elevations from a TIN dataset. Please return to the tutorial model module 1 page where the next step is to define the active areas.