Tutorial M01 Materials QGIS
QGIS is used to review the spatial definition of material types, the land use areas.
- Copy all the 2d_mat_M01_001_R files (there are five) from the Module_01\Tutorial_Data folder to the Module_01\TUFLOW\model\gis folder.
- Load into QGIS the 2d_mat_M01_001_R.shp from the Module_01\TUFLOW\model\gis folder. The material file is supplied with a QGIS style file (.qml) and displays the different material groups based on the Material ID (integer value).
- The open pasture coveting most of the study area is not defined, this is the default land use type. Only the areas where the land use differs from the default needs to be defined.
- The material attribute associated with each polygon is an integer value based on the land use.
- The 2d_mat layer was reviewed defining the spatial extents for land use categories.
|Back to Module 1 Main Page|