Tutorial M04 Check Files QGIS
QGIS is used to import the check files and review the topographic modification cutting through the embankment, and the layered flow constriction.
This tutorial introduces:
Review the check files:
- Open the following files from the Module_04\TUFLOW\check folder:
- Use the 'Apply TUFLOW Styles to Open Layers'.
- The DEM_Z grid shows the final elevations used for the model calculations. Change the styling and inspect the area of the embankment is lowered. See Module 2 for more information on how to review topographic modifications. Note: The DEM_Z appears different to the input DEM as the resolution of the DEM_Z is coarser (2.5m) than the input file (0.5m).
- The zsh_zpt_check file displays the elevation points changed by Z shape topographic update and the TUFLOW styling provides an indication of the elevation difference.
- The lfcsh_uvpt_check file shows the Zpts where the 2d_lfcsh is applied as a thin line. Only the cell sides have the flow constriction applied. The attribute table shows the values specified in the 2d_lfcsh and the final elevation of the invert level after applying the Z shape.
- The DEM_Z and zsh_zpt_check file was used to ensure the cut through was correctly applied to allow flow through the embankment.
- The lfcsh_uvpt_check was viewed showing the form losses and blockages applied to the thin line.
|Back to Module 4 Main Page|