User Guide Network Licences
This section is relevant for people with a Network TUFLOW licence. Please refer to Free DEMO Version New User Guide if you don't have a licence or Local Licence New User Guide if you have a Local licence.
- Download and install the Licencing Dongle Drivers (CodeMeter RunTime Kit) on the Network Host computer: Installing Licensing Software.
Note: The Network Host does not need to be a server. It can be a standard computer connected to the Local Area Network of your company. If this is the case, make sure the Host computer remains on at all times and the computer is assigned a static IP address.
- Follow the steps listed in the Licence Update Request section of the Wiki if you have been sent a new Network licence dongle. You will need to email the licence file to email@example.com. The sales team with email you an updated licence file containing your specific licence configuration.
- Import the updated licence file to accept the licence update (Licence Update Import)
- After activating your licence insert your Network licence dongle into the Network Host computer (if it isn't already). Double click the TUFLOW Executable (for example TUFLOW_iSP_w64.exe) from the Network Host computer. A DOS window should open. Review the licence information listed. Check the licence types and numbers.
- Install Licencing Dongle Drivers (CodeMeter RunTime Kit) on all Client computers wishing to access licences from the Network Host.
- Configure Access to the Network licences on all Client computers.
- Double click the TUFLOW Executable (for example TUFLOW_iSP_w64.exe) from the Client computer. A DOS window should open. Review the licence information listed (example shown above). Check the licence types and numbers.
- You are now ready to start TUFLOW modelling.
- Download the TUFLOW Tutorial Dataset: Tutorial Model Download
- User documentation is available from the Tutorial Model section of the Wiki. Learn how to use TUFLOW by following the user documentation.
- Run TUFLOW using any of the options listed in the Running TUFLOW section of the Wiki.
- Over 60 example models demonstrating the most commonly used TUFLOW features are available from the Example Models section of the Wiki. These models call the Demo mode mentioned above, and as such don't require a licence to run. Use these models to learn how to implement features not included in the TUFLOW Tutorials. Refer to the TUFLOW Manual for further supporting information.
- Other useful information is contained in the Wiki. In particular new users often find the Tips and Tricks section on the right-hand side of the home page and the Modelling Guidance sections particularly useful.
- If you're interested in becoming a part of the TUFLOW User Community please join the TUFLOW Forum and LinkedIn User Group.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions or email@example.com if you would like to purchase additional licences or add-on modules. Price information is available from the TUFLOW Website