TUFLOW Modelling Log
A modelling log is highly recommended and should be a requirement on all projects. It is a technical document that provides a history of all key modelling assumptions. The log may be in Excel, Word or other suitable software. Use of a modelling log has the following benefits:
- it provides a record of model development;
- it facilitates traceability of input sources and modeller actions; and
- aids in the transfer of models between different users.
The format of the modelling log is up to the individual or company. However, it is common to use a spreadsheet be developed for use as a modelling log. Typical details to be entered into the log are:
- names (or ID) of TUFLOW simulation control files;
- date of simulation;
- model user;
- details of the event modelled (duration, recurrence interval, etc.); and
- changes since last simulation.
A template modelling log is available for download: Modelling Log and Quality Assurance Reviewer Spreadsheet Download.
|Back to TUFLOW Modelling Guidance|