TUFLOW QGIS Plugin
If you are using QGIS as your model development or result viewing environment we strongly recommend installing the TUFLOW QGIS Plugin. It includes numerous tools to increase workflow efficiency. It also includes powerful result viewing functionality via its TUFLOW Viewer. This page describes the process of installing and using the Plugin.
Installation of Plugin
To enable the plugin please follow the instructions below:
- Download the plugin from the QGIS official repository, Plugins >> Manage and Install Plugins
- In the manager, search for "TUFLOW".
- Select TUFLOW, and "Install Plugin".
- Once enabled the plugin should be accessible from the Plugins >> TUFLOW menu item:
- Before using, check that the prerequisite python modules are also installed (see below).
It's possible to test out the latest development version of the plugin and TUFLOW Viewer by following the instructions below:
Installing the Latest Development Version of the TUFLOW Plugin
The TUFLOW plugin uses the following python modules which may need to be separately installed. These may have been installed with other software, to check if they are installed on your machine:
- Install the TUFLOW plugin (see instructions above)
- Open the TUFLOW plugin Plugins >> TUFLOW
- Check that the required dependencies are installed from the menu. TUFLOW >> About >> Check Python Dependencies Installed.
All going well you will get a notification to tell you that the required modules are installed. If not, you will be notified if you need to install either of the python modules below:
Please ensure QGIS / python is installed before installing the below.
- numpy (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.1/numpy-1.6.1-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe/download)
- matplotlib (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.1.0/matplotlib-1.1.0.win32-py2.7.exe/download)
Each function in the utility has a separate page documenting the usage.
The first step for a project is to create the project / save the settings with the Create or Configure TUFLOW Project tool. Subsequent tools rely on the information stored at this stage to work best.
- Create or Configure TUFLOW Project
- Import Empty (template GIS file)
- Insert TUFLOW Attributes to Existing Layer
- Increment Selected Layer
- Reload Data
- Arch Bridge Editor
- TUFLOW Viewer (result visualisation toolkit)
- Applying TUFLOW styles
- Import Check Files From Folder
- Load TUFLOW Layers From TCF
- Filter and Sort TUFLOW Layers
- Apply GPKG Layer Names
- Apply Label to Current Layer
- Apply Stability Styling
SWAN GIS Tools
For more information on SWAN GIS Tools please visit the following TUFLOW FV Wiki page: SWAN GIS Tools. Links to the individual tools on the TUFLOW FV Wiki area also provided below:
If you encounter any issues with the plugin please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error While Upgrading Plugin
- Restart QGIS and try upgrading the plugin again
- Manually remove the old version
Errors are most likely caused by an issue with deleting the old version of the plugin as some part of the plugin is still being used somewhere in memory (RAM) and locking permissions. This is a known issue that occur with the ReFH2 to TUFLOW tool in older versions of the plugin. Simply restarting QGIS and retrying the upgrade process should fix the issue.
Manually removing the TUFLOW plugin
To manually remove the TUFLOW plugin simply delete the 'tuflow' folder from the QGIS plugin directory (you may need to close QGIS first):
- Windows - %appdata%\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins
- Linux - /home/USER/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins
|Back to QGIS Tips Main Page|
|Back to Wiki Main Page|