TUFLOW QGIS Plugin
This page describes the process of installing and using the TUFLOW QGIS plugin. The Plugin is available via the official QGIS repository. The plugin is available for version 2.x. A previous version was available for QGIS 1.8, however, this is no longer being actively developed.
Please report any issues or feedback to email@example.com.
Installation of Plugin
To enable the plugin please follow the instructions below:
- Download the plugin from the QGIS official repository, Plugins >> Manage and Install Plugins
- In the manager, search for "TUFLOW".
- Select TUFLOW, and "Install Plugin".
- Once enabled the plugin should be accessible from the Plugins >> TUFLOW menu item:
- Before using, check that the prerequisite python modules are also installed (see below).
The TUFLOW plugin uses the following python modules which may need to be separately installed. These may have been installed with other software, to check if they are installed on your machine:
- Install the TUFLOW plugin (see instructions above)
- Open the TUFLOW plugin Plugins >> TUFLOW
- Check that the required dependencies are installed from the menu. TUFLOW >> About >> Check Python Dependencies Installed.
All going well you will get a notification to tell you that the required modules are installed. If not, you will be notified if you need to install either of the python modules below:
Please ensure QGIS / python is installed before installing the below.
- numpy (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.1/numpy-1.6.1-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe/download)
- matplotlib (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.1.0/matplotlib-1.1.0.win32-py2.7.exe/download)
Each function in the utility has a separate page documenting the usage.
The first step for a project is to create the project / save the settings with the Create or Configure TUFLOW Project tool. Subsequent tools rely on the information stored at this stage to work best.
- Create or Configure TUFLOW Project
- Import Empty (template GIS file)
- Increment Selected Layer
- Convert MapInfo file to Shapefile
- Convert MapInfo files in folder to Shapefile
ARR2016 to TUFLOW
If you encounter any issues with the plugin please email firstname.lastname@example.org.